The Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam has been a favorite of the locals since 1905. Today, it is also an attractive destination for tourists and travelers who want to get a true feeling of the city’s atmosphere. The market is located in one of Amsterdam’s most popular neighborhoods – in the heart of De Pijp, which is better known as the Latin Quarter. It is the largest daily market in Europe! There are 260 stalls, shops, restaurants, bars, and cafes. The places are open every day except Sundays. Here you can enjoy the flavors of Amsterdam and learn about the local lifestyle and culture. In the Market, you can find everything: from fresh vegetables, fish and fruits, to accessories, clothing, flowers, and souvenirs. Make sure to try the traditional Dutch delicacies, such as the smoked herring.
Tip: If you travel by car, there are many convenient paid parking areas around Albert Cuyp. One of them is APCOA, which is just a one-minute walk away and has over 250 parking spaces. The price for a weekday stay is cheaper, so keep that in mind when planning your visit.
What are the must-see places in Albert Cuyp Market?
If you visit the market for the first time, you will certainly wonder where to stop by in this maze of stalls. The variety will amaze you, but it can also confuse you and waste a lot of time your time while wandering around. Check out my tips for the best places to go:
- Venkel – A great salad bar where you can order delicious salads with fruits or vegetables.
- De Japanner – If you love Japanese food and eating with hands, this is your place! You will find on the menu tasty classics such as Japanese sushi, anchors and tempura. Everything is being prepared at the moment.
- Calle Ocho – Whenever you get very hungry, stop by at this place for some delicious street food or a cocktail!
- YAY Health Store & More – This is a healthy food paradise.
- The Butcher – One of the places where you can enjoy good burgers.
- Noor – The shop is a true paradise for fashion finds admirers. Here you will find interesting clothes at affordable prices!