Don’t miss the unique show of the magical fountain Montjuic. It’s, indeed, one of the most popular places in Barcelona. Every single year the attraction is visited by nearly 2.50 million of tourists. Enjoy the beautiful combination of music, lights and water.
- The full fountain name is actually La Font Màgica de Montjuic
- The fountain was built specially for the international fair in Barcelona in 1929 year
- This is the biggest fountain in Barcelona and it gathers a couple of small fountains, as well as water cascades
- The magical fountain can re-create almost 7 billion of different light and water combos
- The water used in the fountain passes a specially tailored circulation process and some filtered underground steam waters are used to help saving the city’s drinking water
- Since 2016 year the Font Magica show time has been reduced to 1 hour in the sake of energy saving
- If you want to good visibility for the show and not to miss anything, go earlier to find the best seats
- Take special attention at your personal belongings mainly at spots where many people gather as the possibility to get robbed is quite big
Visit with the kids
The magical fountain is suitable for visit with kids. It’s just the availability of big crowds that might cause you some inconvenience, so scowl at your kids closely.
The fountain is accessible for people with disabilities.
Free of charge.
- Subway: L1 (red line) and L3(green line), Placa Espanya station
- Buses: 23, 37, H12, H16, Placa Espanya station
- Tourist bus: red or orange line, Placa Espanya station